The Bridge Bible Fellowship (The Bridge) was originally two churches in the San Fernando Valley that became one in December 2007. First Baptist Church of Reseda (also known as “Heart of the Valley Community Church”) was founded in 1942 at our current campus location. Shepherd’s Community Church was founded in 1984 in Woodland Hills. Shepherd’s Community originally met in the backyard of one of its members and then began to rent space at different schools until it moved to Canoga Park in 1998. Pastor Paul Brown was called to serve as the Senior Pastor of Shepherd’s Community Church in 1990.
In May 2007 Shepherd’s Community Church was looking for a larger property for its growing congregation and Heart of the Valley was looking for a pastoral staff. The leadership of the two churches began prayerfully considering a merger which was affirmed in the Fall of 2007. We began joint worship services at the Reseda location on December 2, 2007, with a new name, “The Bridge Bible Fellowship.”
The Bridge is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA).